Prefer to talk to an actual person? Call me on ...
Living in Indonesia Questions
Click a question to learn more..
- Which visa do I need to work legally in Indonesia? You’ll usually enter Indonesia on a tourist visa, then your school arranges a working visa during your initial time in Indonesia. This involves a trip to the Indonesian embassy in Singapore, which is usually paid for by your school. Alter...(read more)
- What is the cost of living like in Indonesia? Living in Indonesia is very reasonable. Rent ranges from just IDR 1 to 2million. Eating out is incredibly cheap – a three course meal can cost as little as IDR 100,000....(read more)
- What is the standard of accommodation like in Indonesia? The standard of accommodation in Indonesia is pretty good, with most apartments and houses coming with maid service and air conditioning, however accommodation in rural areas can be more basic. ...(read more)
- How much tax will I have to pay on my earnings in Indonesia? Around 5% of your salary will go towards tax....(read more)
- Is it possible for families or couples to find work together in Indonesia?Yes – it’s absolutely possible. However, it’s often better to negotiate with employers directly rather than going through an agency, as agencies will in no way be able to guarantee that you’ll be placed together. ...(read more)
- Can I find TEFL jobs while in Indonesia? Of course. You can enter Indonesia on a tourist visa, find work then hop across the border to nearby Singapore to get your work visa....(read more)
Advice from the Experts
A few of our TEFL experts (Dave, Meryl, Laura, Rebecca, Rachel and Rich) have also come out from behind their headsets to answer some of our most popular TEFL questions on camera: please excuse the giggles ‐ they all got a bit nervous!
Anyway, take and look, and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just give one of them a call ‐ they don’t seem to be able to keep a straight face, but when it comes to TEFL they really know what they’re talking about!
- 01. I am not a native speaker, can I still do the course / find work?
- 02. Which course is right for me?
- 03. How are i-to-i courses accredited?
- 04. I'm a non native speaker. Can I still do the weekend course?
- 05. How do I pass the weekend course?
- 06. Who attends the weekend course?
- 07. What do I need to bring with me on the weekend course?
- 08. How much of the online course do I need to complete before I attend the weekend course?
- 09. What is the demand for TEFL?
- 10. How do I find work after my course?
- 11. What is the difference between the short course and a 4 week programme?
- 12. Do I need to speak the local language of the county I'm teaching in?
- 13. I don't have a degree, where can I teach?
- 14. Can I still find work with just the 20 hour weekend course?
- 15. Who can TEFL?
- 16. What is TEFL?
- 17. How do i-to-i's courses work?
You need Flash to view the FAQ videos - Click here to go get it
Currently playing: The title of this video