Prefer to talk to an actual person? Call me on ...
i-to-i Job Placement in Indonesia Questions
Click a question to learn more..
Page 1 out of 3 Pages
- Who is my contract with?Your contract will be with EF NOT with i-to-i. i-to-i will help you with training and your initial application, but after that our partners EF and the school you’re employed by will look after you. ...(read more)
- Will I get Bahasa lessons as part of my contract?You won’t, no, but you can always arrange lessons with the Indonesian English teachers at your school....(read more)
- Can I renew my contract after it finishes?Yes, if vacancies are available – you’ll just need to discuss this with your employer before your contract ends....(read more)
- How much holiday will I get per year?You will receive 22 paid holidays, 10 to 13 of which must be taken over Christmas or for Muslim holidays....(read more)
- What happens if I donít complete my contract?The total cost of your visa to the school is approximately US$1000. If you break your contract you will need to repay a proportion of this money. E.g. if you leave after 6 months you will pay approximately $500. Also, you’ll miss out on y...(read more)
- How many students will I have in my classes?You’ll have a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 14 students per class....(read more)
- What kind of students will I be teaching?You’ll be teaching a mix of 5-9 year olds, 9-14 year olds and 14 years up. Levels can be from beginner to post-advanced. ...(read more)
- How long will my contract be?You’ll be in Indonesia for 12 months, giving you a good chance to get to grips with the culture, the language and your students!...(read more)
- Will I get money towards my flight to Indonesia?Yes. EF will reimburse you the cost of your return flight (up to a reasonable limit) on successful completion of your contract in Indonesia. ...(read more)
- How much rent will I need to pay?If you’re living in subsidized accommodation you’ll pay approximately IDR 1,000,000 per month (including bills), while normal rent could be up to IDR 2,000,000, depending on the standard of accommodation you decide to go for. ...(read more)
Advice from the Experts
A few of our TEFL experts (Dave, Meryl, Laura, Rebecca, Rachel and Rich) have also come out from behind their headsets to answer some of our most popular TEFL questions on camera: please excuse the giggles ‐ they all got a bit nervous!
Anyway, take and look, and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just give one of them a call ‐ they don’t seem to be able to keep a straight face, but when it comes to TEFL they really know what they’re talking about!
- 01. I am not a native speaker, can I still do the course / find work?
- 02. Which course is right for me?
- 03. How are i-to-i courses accredited?
- 04. I'm a non native speaker. Can I still do the weekend course?
- 05. How do I pass the weekend course?
- 06. Who attends the weekend course?
- 07. What do I need to bring with me on the weekend course?
- 08. How much of the online course do I need to complete before I attend the weekend course?
- 09. What is the demand for TEFL?
- 10. How do I find work after my course?
- 11. What is the difference between the short course and a 4 week programme?
- 12. Do I need to speak the local language of the county I'm teaching in?
- 13. I don't have a degree, where can I teach?
- 14. Can I still find work with just the 20 hour weekend course?
- 15. Who can TEFL?
- 16. What is TEFL?
- 17. How do i-to-i's courses work?
You need Flash to view the FAQ videos - Click here to go get it
Currently playing: The title of this video