Prefer to talk to an actual person? Call me on ...
Weekend/Classroom TEFL Courses Questions
Click a question to learn more..
Page 1 out of 3 Pages
- Can I talk to someone who's done an i-to-i TEFL course?Of course! Our fantabulous TEFL community, Chalkboard, is full of people who have got TEFL certified with the help of i-to-i. Just click here to visit the site...(read more)
- Do I need a TEFL/TESOL certificate to teach abroad?That's a bit like asking whether you need to take a driving test to get behind the wheel of a car. Yes, you'll be able to make the car go forwards and backwards without much training, but you'll probably end up bumping into a few thing...(read more)
- What if I canít commit to the full weekend? If you can't set aside a whole weekend for the classroom course, you might want to try an online course instead. The classroom course is pretty intensive, so you...(read more)
- What happens if I am finding the course difficult or donít understand what I need to do? Don't panic! If you feel like you're slipping behind just let your tutor know. They're there to help and will do their best to help you pass your course, so if you're struggling just give them a shout....(read more)
- What if I need to change the date for my classroom course?No problem. As long as your classroom course is more than seven days away, we'll happily change the date for you. Just give your local i-to-i office a call and they'll be able to g...(read more)
- If Iím doing a combined course, do I need to complete the online course before or after the classroom course? It's totally up to you. You might want to use your classroom course as an introduction to the world of TEFL, which will make taking the plunge into your online course that little bit easier. Alternatively, you might want to get all the theory ...(read more)
- What do I need to bring with me to the course?Just yourself and your brain. You might want to bring such hi-tech equipment as a pen and notebook, but that's just an optional extra. Your course tutor will give you a course book and also have a Mary Poppins-style bag full of any other mater...(read more)
- How will I get my certificate at the end of the classroom course?Once you have completed your course the post-course questionnaire will appear in your account (hopefully for you to say what a wonderful time you had). Once you've completed your entire course and your post-course questionnaire, your TEFL cert...(read more)
- How many other people will be in the class with me? There will be around 20 people at each classroom course, so you’re able to break up into groups/pairs to prepare your wonderful lesson plans. There'll never be more than 20 people in the class, but there could be less from time to time...(read more)
- Who will run my classroom TEFL course? Classroom TEFL courses are taken by our wonderful tutors. They've all got years of experience of teaching English abroad, excellent teaching credentials and big-style dedic...(read more)
Advice from the Experts
A few of our TEFL experts (Dave, Meryl, Laura, Rebecca, Rachel and Rich) have also come out from behind their headsets to answer some of our most popular TEFL questions on camera: please excuse the giggles ‐ they all got a bit nervous!
Anyway, take and look, and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just give one of them a call ‐ they don’t seem to be able to keep a straight face, but when it comes to TEFL they really know what they’re talking about!
- 01. I am not a native speaker, can I still do the course / find work?
- 02. Which course is right for me?
- 03. How are i-to-i courses accredited?
- 04. I'm a non native speaker. Can I still do the weekend course?
- 05. How do I pass the weekend course?
- 06. Who attends the weekend course?
- 07. What do I need to bring with me on the weekend course?
- 08. How much of the online course do I need to complete before I attend the weekend course?
- 09. What is the demand for TEFL?
- 10. How do I find work after my course?
- 11. What is the difference between the short course and a 4 week programme?
- 12. Do I need to speak the local language of the county I'm teaching in?
- 13. I don't have a degree, where can I teach?
- 14. Can I still find work with just the 20 hour weekend course?
- 15. Who can TEFL?
- 16. What is TEFL?
- 17. How do i-to-i's courses work?
You need Flash to view the FAQ videos - Click here to go get it
Currently playing: The title of this video