Prefer to talk to an actual person? Call me on ...
i-to-i Job Placement in the Czech Republic Questions
Click a question to learn more..
Page 1 out of 3 Pages
- Who is my contract with?Your contract will be with our partners in the Czech Republic NOT with i-to-i. i-to-i will help you with training and your initial application, but after that our partners and the school you’re employed by will look after you. ...(read more)
- Will I get Czech lessons as part of my contract?Yes, you’ll get free Czech lessons, but your attendance isn’t compulsory. We’d highly recommend them though!...(read more)
- Can I renew my contract after it finishes?Yes, if vacancies are available – you’ll just need to discuss this with your employer before your contract ends....(read more)
- How much holiday will I get per year?No paid holidays are included as part of this contract, however you can take unpaid holiday, so long as you give at least two weeks’ notice. If you wish to take an unpaid holiday you should give at least 2 weeks' notice. If you would ...(read more)
- What happens if I canít complete my contract?If you need to leave for whatever reason, you can do so as long as you give at least two months’ notice....(read more)
- How many students will I have in my classes?You’ll be teaching small classes of 1-8 students. ...(read more)
- What kind of students will I be teaching?You’ll be teaching adults of all different ability levels, all over the city. These are usually business people who want to improve their English. ...(read more)
- How long will my contract be?You’ll be in the Czech Republic for 12 months, giving you a good chance to get to grips with the culture, the language and your students!...(read more)
- Will I get money towards my flight to the Czech Republic?No, you’ll have to cover the cost of your flight out to the Czech Republic yourself....(read more)
- How much rent will I need to pay?If you opt for a private room in a shared house, you’ll pay around 6,000CZK per month in rent....(read more)
Advice from the Experts
A few of our TEFL experts (Dave, Meryl, Laura, Rebecca, Rachel and Rich) have also come out from behind their headsets to answer some of our most popular TEFL questions on camera: please excuse the giggles ‐ they all got a bit nervous!
Anyway, take and look, and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just give one of them a call ‐ they don’t seem to be able to keep a straight face, but when it comes to TEFL they really know what they’re talking about!
- 01. I am not a native speaker, can I still do the course / find work?
- 02. Which course is right for me?
- 03. How are i-to-i courses accredited?
- 04. I'm a non native speaker. Can I still do the weekend course?
- 05. How do I pass the weekend course?
- 06. Who attends the weekend course?
- 07. What do I need to bring with me on the weekend course?
- 08. How much of the online course do I need to complete before I attend the weekend course?
- 09. What is the demand for TEFL?
- 10. How do I find work after my course?
- 11. What is the difference between the short course and a 4 week programme?
- 12. Do I need to speak the local language of the county I'm teaching in?
- 13. I don't have a degree, where can I teach?
- 14. Can I still find work with just the 20 hour weekend course?
- 15. Who can TEFL?
- 16. What is TEFL?
- 17. How do i-to-i's courses work?
You need Flash to view the FAQ videos - Click here to go get it
Currently playing: The title of this video