Prefer to talk to an actual person? Call me on ...
Finding Work in the Czech Republic Questions
Click a question to learn more..
Page 1 out of 2 Pages
- What is the demand for TEFL teachers in the Czech Republic like? Demand for teachers in the Czech Republic is very high, especially with the increase in business people wanting to improve their English....(read more)
- How long are teaching contracts in the Czech Republic? Most teaching contracts in the Czech Republic last for 12 months, however it is possible to pick up shorter contracts if you’re there on the ground looking for jobs....(read more)
- Is it possible for families or couples to find work together in the Czech Republic?Yes – it’s absolutely possible. However, it’s often better to negotiate with employers directly rather than going through an agency, as agencies will in no way be able to guarantee that you’ll be placed together. ...(read more)
- Will my employer pay for the cost of my flight to the Czech Republic? This is very unusual, however if you negotiate hard enough with your employer they may include the cost of your flight as an end-of-contract bonus....(read more)
- How much TEFL training do I need to teach in the Czech Republic? Most schools in the Czech Republic will want to see that you’ve done at least 120 hours of TEFL study either online, in the classroom, or a mixture of both, especially if you don’t have previous teaching experience. These courses wi...(read more)
- What is the standard application process for TEFL jobs in the Czech Republic? If you’re applying from home, employers will want you to fill out an application form and/or send in your CV/resume and a covering letter. If they like the look of you, you’ll probably be invited to have a Skype interview. After tha...(read more)
- Is a job in the Czech Republic guaranteed if I complete an i-to-i TEFL course?No, as a course provider i-to-i can give you great training and point you in the right direction of jobs (just like a university would do if you were doing a degree) but ultimately it’s on you to look for jobs and make it happen. ...(read more)
- Can I find TEFL jobs while in the Czech Republic? Of course. Finding jobs while in-country is a great way to meet Directors of Studies in person and get a feel for the school....(read more)
- Can I find TEFL jobs in the Czech Republic from my home country? Yup, not a problem. As most recruiters interview candidates by phone and email, you can easily set up a job from home. However you may well need to fly out to the Czech Republic for a free face-to-face interview before being offered a position....(read more)
- Do I need to speak Czech in order to teach English in the Czech Republic?No, not at all. Employers will want you to create an English-speaking atmosphere in your classes, so you won’t be expected to speak Czech in a work context. However, you might want to learn a few key phrases to help you in your day-to-da...(read more)
Advice from the Experts
A few of our TEFL experts (Dave, Meryl, Laura, Rebecca, Rachel and Rich) have also come out from behind their headsets to answer some of our most popular TEFL questions on camera: please excuse the giggles ‐ they all got a bit nervous!
Anyway, take and look, and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just give one of them a call ‐ they don’t seem to be able to keep a straight face, but when it comes to TEFL they really know what they’re talking about!
- 01. I am not a native speaker, can I still do the course / find work?
- 02. Which course is right for me?
- 03. How are i-to-i courses accredited?
- 04. I'm a non native speaker. Can I still do the weekend course?
- 05. How do I pass the weekend course?
- 06. Who attends the weekend course?
- 07. What do I need to bring with me on the weekend course?
- 08. How much of the online course do I need to complete before I attend the weekend course?
- 09. What is the demand for TEFL?
- 10. How do I find work after my course?
- 11. What is the difference between the short course and a 4 week programme?
- 12. Do I need to speak the local language of the county I'm teaching in?
- 13. I don't have a degree, where can I teach?
- 14. Can I still find work with just the 20 hour weekend course?
- 15. Who can TEFL?
- 16. What is TEFL?
- 17. How do i-to-i's courses work?
You need Flash to view the FAQ videos - Click here to go get it
Currently playing: The title of this video