Prefer to talk to an actual person? Call me on ...
Favourite TEFL Questions Questions
Click a question to learn more..
Page 2 out of 2 Pages
- How does TEFL work? They don't speak English, you don't speak their language... how in the hell are you going to manage to teach them anything? Well, unlike language lessons you might have had as a kid, the aim is immerse your students in an English-speaking ...(read more)
- Am I too old for TEFL?No - we say you're never too old for a TEFL adventure (unless you're over 104, in which case you might want to consider something a little more sedate, like rocking out to the Sex Pistols). We’ve seen a huge rise in people over 45 ta...(read more)
- Who can TEFL?Anyone and everyone - you don't need previous experience, a degree or any other qualifications. In fact, you don't even need to have English as your first language, although we do recommend that non-native speakers have a Cambridge CAE, ...(read more)
- What is TEFL? TEFL means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. ...(read more)
Advice from the Experts
A few of our TEFL experts (Dave, Meryl, Laura, Rebecca, Rachel and Rich) have also come out from behind their headsets to answer some of our most popular TEFL questions on camera: please excuse the giggles ‐ they all got a bit nervous!
Anyway, take and look, and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just give one of them a call ‐ they don’t seem to be able to keep a straight face, but when it comes to TEFL they really know what they’re talking about!
- 01. I am not a native speaker, can I still do the course / find work?
- 02. Which course is right for me?
- 03. How are i-to-i courses accredited?
- 04. I'm a non native speaker. Can I still do the weekend course?
- 05. How do I pass the weekend course?
- 06. Who attends the weekend course?
- 07. What do I need to bring with me on the weekend course?
- 08. How much of the online course do I need to complete before I attend the weekend course?
- 09. What is the demand for TEFL?
- 10. How do I find work after my course?
- 11. What is the difference between the short course and a 4 week programme?
- 12. Do I need to speak the local language of the county I'm teaching in?
- 13. I don't have a degree, where can I teach?
- 14. Can I still find work with just the 20 hour weekend course?
- 15. Who can TEFL?
- 16. What is TEFL?
- 17. How do i-to-i's courses work?
You need Flash to view the FAQ videos - Click here to go get it
Currently playing: The title of this video