Chalkboard is i-to-i's TEFL community.
It is currently still in testing phase which could mean you find the odd bug!
Q: What is i-to-i Chalkboard? A: It's the online community of TEFL specialists
I'm a world traveling chica living in Chicago.
I'm a world traveling 30 year-old chica living in Chicago who's in a bit of a crisis. I've been having a ball traveling and such and came back to finish my uni degree, only to increase my chances of employment abroad. I truly enjoy my studies, but the thought of taking out $15000+ in loans sickens me.
I've got a plan to get around this ...
1. Teach for one year in Indonesia
2. Fill out my FAFSA with my tax return from teaching in Indonesia (IRS states tax free income U.S. citizens living abroad if income under $80,000 or so, but must fill return)
3. Comeback to U.S. and will qualify for more aid because of my income level.
4. Complete last two years of uni...finally
5. Go back to being a nomad.
What do you think?
I know age isn't a big thing, but I'm really not that thrilled being here. I feel more alive living abroad. The only thing getting me through my time here is tutoring with the S. E. Asia Center. I'm helping a Cantonese speaking woman learn English and it's been a truly enjoyable experience.