....I will actually be in Beijing!! And from the many excited/terrified blogs and posts popping up from other Interns its really great to know Im not the only one swinging wildly between incredibly excited and unbelievably terrified!
So, so far I have:
- Left my awful temping job (woo!)
- Got my visa (finally!)
- Booked my flights (4.30 from Heathrow on Sunday)
- Got travel insurance (columbus)
- Got all but the last set of my jabs (rabies and Japenese encephalitis)
- Had a sight test, hair cut and dentist appointment (cant think of anything to put in brackets for this!)
- Bought a netbook (but not worked out how to use it yet!)
- Copied a tonne of cd's from the library for the many travel playlists I will be making this week
- Learnt 3 words in Chinese
- Panicked that apparently it's 35 degrees in Beijing (I'm not so great in the heat...)
Now, I think it SOUNDS like I've done a fair bit, but it still SEEMS like there is a LOT to do! Especially as lots of other people seem to have packed and ordered money and things like that. To be honest, at this point I am just pleased with myself that I can remember basic motor functions.
There is still so much I still want/need to do, but know Im not going to have done everything before I leave. Oh well - as long as I've accepted that, right?? I'm also planning on going straight on to Australia and New Zealand after leaving China, but am nowhere near ready to think about that stage of the trip, it would probably give me a breakdown!
Anyway, all I can really say at this point is that I AM very excited, and can't wait to meet everyone in China in a week!!