I would really love to teach English in Japan later this year, and would be keen to get advice from those of you who are there/have been there.
Any info would be appreciated, but particular info about the below would be even more so!
1. How you came about your job and how long it took to find it?
2. How far does the salary stretch... does it need to be supplimented with savings or after hrs work? or, do you manage to save some money?
3. How did you find accommodation/housing?
4. Any recommended locations to apply for work?
5. How do you meet other westerners working in the area?
6. How do you go about becomming part of the community?
7. What does your job involve? and what support do you get if any?
All information is useful information! So please, fill me in on your experiences :)