The Vietnam TEFL Internship
Make 2016 a year to remember with a teaching placement in bustling Vietnam
NEW - Excellent monthly living allowance. During the internship you will receive a monthly living allowance of US$800 - this is equivalent to an excellent teaching salary in Vietnam!
Enjoy the amazing cultural experience of living and teaching in Vietnam. From your TEFL training with i-to-i to your arrival and placement in Vietnam with ELC, you will have all the support you need to make the most of your time in this fabulous country!
Call us on 877 526 3959 or request a call back here to find out more.
to view this content, please check
you have Flash enabled.
To install the Flash Player, please visit
How the Internship Works!
When you book your internship program through i-to-i you’ll get the best of both worlds; first class TEFL training and an established in-country support team. Here at i-to-i, we’ve chosen ELC to be our partners in Vietnam - that’s because they are the experts at placing and supporting first time TEFL teachers. They’ll arrange a great teaching placement with brilliant inclusions such as Vietnamese lessons and an activity packed orientation week to make adjusting to life in Vietnam easy and enjoyable!
Before you start teaching in Vietnam, i-to-i will train you on our world leading Professional TEFL Course. At i-to-i, we’ve been training teachers for over 20 years and have helped over 155,000 people to qualify in TEFL (that’s more than any other course provider). When you train with us you’ll be 100% confident and prepared for your first time stepping into the classroom. When you train with i-to-i you’ll also receive tailored training for the Vietnamese classroom environment. This will mean that you’ll be well prepared to understand and adjust to the needs of your Vietnamese pupils.
Why Should I Book With i-to-i?
When you book with i-to-i you’ll receive a higher living allowance than on any other TEFL internship
When you book the Vietnam TEFL internship through i-to-i, you’ll get the HIGHEST monthly living allowance available on any TEFL internship. The living allowance offered by ELC is equivalent to an excellent teaching salary in Vietnam and as your accommodation is included, interns are able to save money and live an excellent local lifestyle.
You’ll be in great company, i-to-i have been around for over 20 years and have trained over 155,000 people in TEFL
Here at i-to-i we really are the experts in TEFL. We offer the longest established and the best TEFL training out there and we have relationships with thousands of language schools in hundreds of countries worldwide. That’s why we can guarantee our interns the very best opportunities with the very best overseas partners.
Why do you work with ELC?
Whilst there are several companies that offer teaching placements in Vietnam, i-to-i work with ELC because they are the only provider that meets our exacting standards. ELC will arrange all of the correct work permits for interns and will guarantee that their internship meets with any legal requirements of the Vietnamese government. This is something that you must be very careful to ensure when selecting an internship provider.
ELC have a proven track record of delivering an excellent experience in education. ELC also run an award-winning language school in Sydney, Australia, which is are accredited by numerous professional bodies.
We love ELC because:
- They offer excellent on the ground welfare support. ELC staff will be in weekly contact with all of the interns and are on hand to help with any queries or assistance that you may have.
- They’re specialists in educational experiences in Vietnam. They have excellent relationships with schools all over Vietnam, meaning that you will be working in only the best TEFL schools.
- ELC’s great connections and standing in Vietnam mean they are able to offer interns additional career opportunities after completing their internships. Some of our interns have gone on to teach in Vietnam, or pick up lucrative paid work in Malaysia through ELC’s partner school!
Before You Arrive in Vietnam:
If you're not already qualified, we'll provide you with extensive TEFL training; to make sure you walk into your first classroom a very happy and confident TEFL teacher! With i-to-i you'll receive:
- 140 hours of comprehensive TEFL training from i-to-i The 20 hour Classroom Course takes place in Vietnam before your internship starts, and is specifically tailored to teaching in Vietnam so you are fully prepared. The i-to-i TEFL certificate that you receive after completing the training will qualify you for life
- Instructions on the next steps to complete your application for the ELC Vietnam TEFL Internship
Once you’ve sent your application form and documentation through to ELC, they’ll work with you directly to organize your internship placement, sort your visa and make sure you have all the information you need to arrive in Vietnam ready to start your TEFL adventure!
When You Arrive in Vietnam:
With ELC supporting you every step of the way, you'll have an incredible opportunity to spend 5 months teaching English in Vietnam, making new friends and exploring this incredible country on weekends and during holidays!
What the internship includes:
- A reputable 5 month internship in Vietnam with ELC
- In-country support With full support, a local contact at your school and a network of former ELC interns, you'll be in safe hands
- Monthly spending allowance You'll receive a monthly allowance of US$800, that’s a higher allowance than any other TEFL internship and will allow a very comfortable life in Vietnam. Your allowance will be paid in equivalent Vietnamese Dong.
- End of contract bonus US$250 bonus from your school at the end of your internship. Many of our teachers use this to help fund a post contract trip around the rest of South East Asia!
- Accommodation arranged and provided free of charge You'll live in a private bedroom in a shared house or apartment with other interns.
- Comprehensive one-week orientation in Vietnam ELC will run you through the essentials of living and teaching in Vietnam, including in-depth presentations and workshops to ensure you're ready to start teaching in Vietnam. ELC will also provide you with all of your meals during your orientation period.
- 2 days of practical TEFL training When you arrive in Vietnam, i-to-i will provide you with 20 hours of classroom training – this means that all of the essential, practical TEFL skills will be fresh in your mind!
- Fun Vietnamese lessons You'll have conversational Vietnamese lessons during your orientation to give you the basic language skills needed to enjoy day-to-day life in Vietnam.
- Explore Vietnam On arrival in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, you'll go on a tour of the city with our partners! After your tour you'll also have one free afternoon to explore - use your time to discover yummy Vietnamese street food and explore the bustling Asian streets - or if you'd prefer you can join our staff on a visit to a local market. If you're still not tired then get ready for the evening entertainment ‘Vietnam style’, it's the perfect chance to get to know the other interns (and make some good friends)!
- Airport pick up and transfers to your school
- Visa assistance ELC will help to arrange your visa.
- A network of new friends You'll be joined by interns from the USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand, and you'll also definitely be placed with at least one other intern so you're not on your own.
Important Visa Information:
You'll enter Vietnam on a 3-month business visa sponsored by your school. ELC will send you a visa letter which you use to get your Vietnam visa through a Vietnamese consulate in your home country.
After 3 months your visa will be extended in-country through sponsorship by your school. When you arrive in Vietnam your school will apply for a work permit for you.
The visa extension and work permit cost is US$250 which is payable in cash during orientation week.
What you need to do the internship:
- 140 hours of Professional TEFL training from i-to-i. If you're already certified, or have qualified elsewhere, then please call the i-to-i team on email our TEFL experts to discuss your options to discuss your options
- To be able to arrive in Vietnam on January 9th 2016 and stay until May 31st 2016
- To be aged between 20 and 35 years old
- To hold a full and clean police check from your home country
- To have completed a full university degree
- To hold a passport from the UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, or South Africa
- To be a native English speaker or have an advanced level of English e.g. minimum IELTS 7.0
- A sense of adventure and an open mind!
What you don't need!
- You don't need to be able to speak Vietnamese! As an English language teacher, the best thing you can do is create a totally English-speaking atmosphere for your students. ELC will still provide you with the basic Vietnamese skills to get you through your day
- No previous teaching experience necessary - this program is designed for total TEFL beginners!
Still have a few more questions?
Our friendly TEFL Team can help, whatever it is you want to know. What's the accommodation like? Where will I teach? How many hours a week will I work? They've got the answer for you!
Request a Consultation
Call the team on 877 526 3959