Join the Vietnam TTV Internship in August 2013!
Mountain villages, colourful markets, motorcycle adventures, deserted beaches and all the noodles you could ever want... there's much more to Vietnam than you might think. Why not make it your home for a while?
With in-country support, no experience necessary and loads more, this is your chance to get to know the real Vietnam for 5 incredible months that you'll never forget. Get a glimpse of internship life with this video clip.
What's living in Vietnam really like? Where will I teach? How easy is it to make friends?
Find Out Now! Download your free guide to the TTV Teach in Vietnam Internship !
to view this content, please check
you have Flash enabled.
To install the Flash Player, please visit
How the Internship Works
i-to-i has teamed up with Teach and Travel Vietnam to provide you with the best of both worlds on this internship: tip top TEFL training from i-to-i plus a reputable TEFL internship program in Vietnam from our expert partners, TTV!
Before You Set Off to Vietnam
If you're not already qualified, i-to-i can provide you with extensive TEFL training to make sure you're all set for your first day in the classroom. i-to-i can provide you with:
- 140 hours of comprehensive TEFL training You'll do your 20 hour Classroom Course in Vietnam before your internship starts!
- Expert tutor advice and tips from the i-to-i TEFL team
- Instructions on the next steps to complete your application for the TTV Program
Once you've sent your application form and documentation through to TTV, they'll work with you directly to organize your internship placement, sort your visa and make sure you have all the information you need to arrive in Vietnam full of confidence and ready to teach!
When You Arrive in Vietnam
As an expert in organizing cultural programs in Vietnam, TTV's TEFL internship will give you the opportunity to spend an extended length of time living and working in Vietnam, while also racking up those hours of real teaching experience. Here's what you get:
- A reputable internship setup for you 5 months teaching in Vietnam and over 200 hours of practical teaching experience
- In-country support + local support This is where you'll see the benefit of travelling on an internship program. TTV are there to support you throughout your placement. You'll also have a local contact at your school to help you with any issues
- Monthly spending allowance You'll receive a monthly allowance of 6million Dong + a further 6million Dong bonus from your school at the end of your internship. This allowance will be prorated (e.g. if you were to work half a month, for example, you'll receive half a month's allowance). It's important to note that the cost of living in Vietnam is considerably lower than that in Western parts of the world - a bottle of mineral water can cost less than 10,000 Dong
- Accommodation You'll have a private room in a shared apartment with your fellow interns.
- Comprehensive 6-day orientation in Vietnam TTV will run you through the essentials of living and teaching in Vietnam, including in-depth presentations and workshops to ensure you're ready to start teaching in Vietnam. TTV will also provide you with all of your meals during this period
- 2 days of practical TEFL training When you arrive in Vietnam, i-to-i will provide you with the 20-hour Classroom Course during your orientation program - this way you can be sure that these essential, practical skills stay fresh in your mind!
- Fun Vietnamese lessons You'll have conversational Vietnamese lessons during your orientation to give you basic language skills to enjoy day-to-day life in Vietnam
- Half day tour of your arrival city
- Airport pick up and transfers to your school
- Visa assistance TTV will help arrange your visa.
- A network of new friends You'll be joined by interns from the USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand and you'll also definitely be placed with at least one other intern so you're not on your own - unless you want to be!
Important Visa Information:
You'll enter Vietnam on a 3 month business visa which is obtained on arrival. TTV will send you a letter of invitation from the department of immigration which you print off and bring with you.
You'll present this letter upon arrival and pay between US-$45-$50 in cash for your landing visa.
After 3 months, your visa will be extended in-country through sponsorship by your TTV program in association with the Ministry of Education and each participating school. The visa extension cost is US $175. This is payable in cash on arrival in Vietnam during orientation week.
Youíll also need to budget US$150 - $200 to have your documents notarised in your home country before arriving into Vietnam.
What you need to do the internship:
- 140 hours of TEFL training (we can help you get TEFL trained if you haven't started yet)! If you're already TEFL certified, email our TEFL experts to discuss your options
- To be able to arrive in Vietnam on August 24th 2013 and stay until January 17th 2014
- A full university degree
- To be of at least 21 years of age
- To hold a full, clean police check from your home country
- To complete the 120 hour online course before July 30th 2013
- To hold a passport from one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or Canada. Don't have one of these? Try our Train and Teach Internships
- A sense of adventure and an open mind!
What you don't need!
- You don't need to be able to speak Vietnamese! As an English language teacher, the best thing you can do is create a totally English-speaking atmosphere for your students. TTV will still provide you with the basic Vietnamese skills to get you through your day
- No previous teaching experience necessary - this program is designed for total TEFL beginners!
Call the team on 877 526 3959