Teach English in Thailand

Work & Visas

How do I find work?
The best way to get your foot in the door is through i-to-i’s job placements service, which is completely free! There’s also an abundance of agencies that recruit teachers from abroad
Can I find work while in-country?
There are plenty of opportunities to pick up work when you land, as there are many schools scattered around Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
What is the usual hiring process?
It’s the usual process of sending off a CV and passport photos and awaiting an interview. Whether finding work from home or once you arrive, it’s important to maintain a professional appearance and display an upbeat but unaggressive manner.
Is a work visa required to find paid work?
Strictly, yes; but in practice many visitors teach on a tourist visa (30 days on arrival or 60 days if obtained beforehand). 3-month Non-immigrant B visas can be obtained beforehand if have a job offer in place, and if you want to stay for up to a year you’ll need to get a teacher’s license through your employer.
Work visa requirements:
  • A valid passport
  • A university degree with Thai translation
  • Medical certificates
  • TEFL certificate
  • Up to 24 passport photos!
  • Information about your employer (map, school principal’s license, etc.)