Switzerland has far more to offer than the cuckoo clock. Many travellers believe the famous Swiss neutrality is exactly what they’ll feel if they travel here. But those that come are delighted by the combination of French, Italian and German cultures with a uniqueness of its own. The museums and mountains, castles and forests, tidy towns and raging waterfalls make this a refreshing country to visit.
Being dominated by some of Europe’s highest peaks defines Switzerland’s weather. With a Mediterranean climate in the far south, cooler weather elsewhere and year-round snow on the mountains, there will always be an outdoor activity for you to try.
- Lots to see and do
- Breath-taking mountain scenery!
- Beautiful, clean towns and cities
- High salaries for well-qualified teachers
- World famous Swiss chocolate!
Things you might not know about Teaching English in Switzerland
- Switzerland has FOUR official languages! They are Swiss German, French, Italian and Romansch.
- Unsurprisingly, given that it’s slap-bang in the middle of the Alps, there are more than 30 mountains with peaks of over 4000m!
- In fact, a massive 70% of the landscape is made up of mountain ranges!
- The 26 cantons actually act as separate states, so they have their own constitutions, governments and courts!