Teach English in China

Work & Visas

How do I find work?
You can start your job hunt on our very own TEFL Jobs Board and check for the latest TEFL vacancies.
Otherwise, you can always search with the embassy or apply directly to language institutions advertising online. There are also plenty of placement agencies that find teachers for schools and colleges in China.
Can I find work while in-country?
Have a look in the English language newspapers or simply pop into a school or college to see if they have any vacancies
What is the usual hiring process?
When applying for a job, you usually send a copy of your CV/Resume, along with a photograph, photocopy of the front page of your passport, a copy of your degree and any references.
Is a work visa required to find paid work?
Yes. You usually apply for a work visa by taking a copy of your job offer to your country’s Chinese Embassy. Your employer will also need to arrange other permits that allow you to teach.
Work visa requirements:
  • In good health
  • Passport
  • University degree
  • Job offer